COVID-19 Update (July 2020)
As per the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19, we have carried out a risk assessment and have set cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain the recommended safe distance in the house and where people cannot be more than 1m apart we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
Follow the rules and keep us all safe
- Practise social distancing
- Wash your hands regularly and sanitise them at the provided sanitising station on entering the building
- All visitors to self-screen to ensure they don’t have sign of a fever or a higher temperature, no persistent cough or respiratory problems, nor had contact with any possible source of the virus.
- In the event a guest has symptoms during their stay, they will be asked to return home as soon as possible and the room will be sealed for 72 hours and not let until it has been deep cleaned.
- Be prepared to leave your contact details for tracing purposes. As per the guideline, those details will be kept for 6 weeks to be made available to the Health Authorities if requested.
- ONLY paying guests are allowed into the rooms
We are opening with a reduced number of rooms to ensure social distancing. We might gradually open more rooms but we will ensure this is done safely and in a controlled manner.
- Please practise social distancing: wait for the reception area, the staircase and corridors to be clear before using them.
Check-in and -out
Check-in is from 4:00pm until 8:00pm. We have slightly extended the check-in times by 1 hour to 8:00pm. However check-in is strictly from 4:00pm, as we need the extra time for the new cleaning procedures.
Staff / PPE
Gloves / face masks & shields are available for our staff and must be used for specific situations where there is interaction with our guests or other staff members. According to the situations, it is left to their personal preference.
Cleaning – Rooms – Public Areas
- We have installed hand sanitiser stations. One is placed at Reception
- We have identified the frequent touch points and will be undertaking strict cleaning to keep everywhere as hygienic as possible. We are taking extra steps to ensure that all areas are thoroughly sanitised, clean and compliant, for the safety of our guests and staff. We have selected a compliant disinfectant, suitable for professional use.
- We now offer the option to opt-out for cleaning service to your room for stays of more than 1 night. Please note however that our team will access your room to air it every day. If requested they will replenish the toiletries, coffee / tea etc. For longer stays, your room will be serviced, cleaned and disinfected and bed-linen/towel changed after 3-4 nights.
- We have removed all unnecessary blankets, pillows, decorative bed-runners and scatter cushions. If you need additional pillows/blankets, please ask.
- Our bed linen is cleaned and disinfected by a professional laundry.
- Please sanitise your hands at the sanitising station by the door to the breakfast room before entering
- We have reviewed our table layout in order to allow for the required distancing. Whilst we operate with a reduced number of rooms, breakfast is served from 8:00am until 9:15am. Room service is not available. With time and once we have a bit more experience of these new trading conditions, if we feel this is safe, we might open more rooms and have then to introduce a set-time service.
- Our traditional menu books have been replaced by simple, single sheets that will be satinised between use.
- All condiments are now in individual sachets. We minimise the quantity of sachets, butter and jam portions put on each table as any unused ones will be put in quarantine for 72 hours. Of course, please feel free to ask if you need more.
To adapt to these new, challenging times we have reviewed our cancellation policy; cancellation is free up to 1 day before the planned arrival date.
We are committing to keeping everyone safe whilst staying with us. It needs to be a joint effort between our guests and our team to minimize the risk of contamination: please use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you.
Terms and Conditions.
The Sandrock Guest House. Terms & Conditions. Jan 2014.
You are invited to read our Terms & Conditions and note our Guests responsibilities. These T & C are applicable to all of our guests or agents. ( an agent being someone booking on behalf of a guest).
Card details are needed to secure your reservation. Payment is made at the time of check in on your day of arrival. Card details are kept until the day you depart in case of additional charges.
If a guest needs to cancel a reservation, at least 7 days prior notice is required, a cancellation has to be acknowledged by The Sandrock. 90% payment will be charged. Every effort will be made to re-let your room/rooms in full or part which ever we achieve. A refund will be returned to your card. No shows are the same.
Being a Guest House we do not have a 24 hour reception. Arrival is the day your stay starts at The Sandrock, check in times are between 4.00pm and 7.00.pm. Or any other time to be agreed by prior arrangement. Say your train arrives at 2.00.pm or you’re going to a wedding, just let us know especially if you’re going to be late. We do go out to socialise. Departure is the morning you leave. The Sandrock check out time is by 10.30.am. Thank you.
We have limited car park at the back of the property. Parking cannot be reserved. Please park considerately. Only one car per room when space is available. Parking ends at the time of your check out, which is 10.30.am. Free public parking is available nearby
Paying Guests only are allowed in bedrooms, friends and Family are allowed to wait by the reception.
Pets are not allowed
No anti social behaviour will be tolerated.
We are a non smoking building, anybody that does smoke within the building will be ejected from the building permanently. No refund will be given for days or part days lost of a reservation. Further costs could be incurred by a guest who smokes in the building for extra cleaning, loss of income for The Sandrock if a new Guest refuses to take a room that a previous guest has smoked in. £100 fine plus extra cost for cleaning. Hanging out of the window or blowing smoke into the ensuite extractor is so obvious.Just don’t do it.We have ejected guests.
Lost or non returned keys are expensive, any guest that looses there room and front door keys will be charged for a new room lock and front door barrel and 22 new keys. Guests who forget to return there room & front door keys will be given 3 days to return them to The Sandrock.
Wet beds eg food/drink etc spilt on carpets/bedding etc needs to be reported to reception as soon as a guest is aware; the longer anything remains wet invariably increases the cleaning costs or possible professional carpet/mattress/quilts etc cleaning or even replacement
Any damage/excessive spillage beyond fare ware and tare caused by guests will be charged for. eg, hot iron marks, flooding in ensuites ets. Excluding broken glasses, easily removable dirty marks etc.
Please tell us of any mishaps, as said accidents do happen.
These Terms and Conditions are on display in our reception.
These T & C are written for those guests who have no respect for other peoples property which fortunately are few and far between. We are sure this is not you.